Every year, the girls and I make some kind of gift to give their grandparents (because homemade gifts are like crack to grandparents). The past two years, we’ve made ornaments (and I always have them make an extra set of ornaments for our tree too).
- In 2012, we did footprint/handprint salt dough ornaments that Lucy and I painted red.
- In 2013, Lucy and Olivia made popsicle stick frames that we added our Santa pictures to.
With 8 days left until Christmas, I just realized I hadn’t thought about what their gift would be this year. The girls decided they wanted to make ornaments as their gifts again this year, so like any Pinterest addict, I started searching for easy ornaments that the girls could make (with a little help from Mom). There are so many cute options out there but some of them require more talent than this mom has.
I’m leaning towards doing one of these 5 choices, which seem pretty simple and easy for the kids to do/help with. I’m under no illusion that our ornaments will look as ‘fancy’ as some of these but they’re special because they’re made with love (if I wanted fancy I would go to the store and buy fancy ornaments). I’ll post a quick tutorial and pics of our final ornaments after Christmas (so as not to spoil the surprise).
5 DIY ornaments for kids to make
1. Glitter Cookie Cutter Ornaments, Centsational Girl
2. Pom Pom Wreath Photo Ornaments, Sheknows
3. Scrabble Christmas Ornaments, Mom 4 Real
4. Popsicle Stick Ornaments, Hands on as we grow
5. Block Photo Ornaments, Crafting Chicks
Head on over to my gifts kids can make Pinterest board for more ornament and gift ideas that kids can make (with a little help from Mom or Dad).